How Will Gay Marriage Affect You? #mystoryoflove

25 Jan

Pemovision

Just wanted to send out a thank you out for all of the support and add some more of my thoughts about gay marriage.  Please watch the video below and respond to how gay marriage will affect you! Tell your story! Get it out! The more we’re heard the more change will occur! Tell your story of love! #mystoryoflove (my story of love)

Again, thanks for everything! Share your story below! Share it everywhere and tag it #mystoryoflove

Ohhh…and I’d love if you shared my video too! Thanks!

For now,

Peter

Please Follow Me and email me at peter@raannt.com

peterisms fbpeterisms twitterpeterisms youtubepeterisms tumblrpeterisms instagrampeterisms linkedin

Advertisements

9 Responses to “How Will Gay Marriage Affect You? #mystoryoflove”

1. Tina January 25, 2014 at 7:36 pm #

I feel the same way I do not get how Ashley and I getting married will harm anyone else. I hate having the religious aspect being thrown into it as well, we live in the United States we have the freedom to be a Christian or to believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I went to school, I have a job, I pay my taxes, I volunteer and I just so happen to love a girl. Who cares! She makes me happy, why do you want to hate on me because i am happy. This is a tired subject so just let me marry who I want to so I can lovingly annoy her for the rest of my life.

• cfranklin87 January 25, 2014 at 9:03 pm #

Oh Tina, I so agree. I personally hope that you get to enjoy that some day real soon!

• Jim January 25, 2014 at 9:17 pm #

Hey all.. My husband and I have been fortunate to live in Washington State where Marriage Equality is law. We were married 6 years prior in Canada because we felt equality would be so far away in the U.S. Our families supported our decision totally. In fact they pushed us to do what we wanted. Two of three daughters, and several in laws traveled to join us. Reciprocity made our marriage legal here at home. We fought the fight along with so many others to get this done. We continue to support our LGBT neighbors that they may enjoy the freedom that our state and many in our country believe is coming. Make no mistake.. there will be equality for all soon! Our fight for equality began decades ago. I am 70 and my husband is 43. We have been together for over 18 years. We never had a dream that we would be legally married under the law of both Washington State and considered married Federally for benefits. This is wonderful.. being married made a significant emotional difference in our lives, our families lives..6 grandkids and 2. .another on the way.. great grandkids. .and our many neighbors and friends in our community. Hang in there .. It is on YOUR WAY too!.

2. cfranklin87 January 25, 2014 at 7:51 pm #

Peter: I am PROUD that YOU are an American, too! You stand up for everything you believe is right and I commend you for it. Don’t let the hate mail discourage you, because at the end of the day– those hateful people have to answer for their spite. As a Christian, I believe in Unity, Love and Acceptance. I believe that you and I as well are judged by our hearts. Since I can tell your heart must be as big as the sun, you shouldn’t let anyone treat you otherwise. And just in case you forgot the mantra, “Honey badger don’t care!” 🙂
    Much love from Westfield!! …..Carl

3. Chatter Master January 25, 2014 at 10:46 pm #

I mean this in the most positive of ways….gay marriage is not going to affect me at all. Just like the people up the street getting married. Or the people across town. I happen to love – love. The more of it going around, the better off we all are.

I have read one blog of yours, and seen this video. Loved them both.

4. Anonymous January 26, 2014 at 11:57 am #

Peter, I have been in a happy, heterosexual marriage for 31 years. Today I am more than disappointed that the State of Indiana is still fighting against gay marriage, I feel sick inside. What in the world are people so afraid of in this state? The energy spent by some to stop two people that love each other from getting married, could certainly be spent for a better use. I wish you both well!

5. student January 26, 2014 at 1:30 pm #

I agree with Chatter Master. Gay marriage does not affect me at all. It is a couple in love who want to share their lives and I support that completely. In fact the stronger support a couple has from as many places as they can get the more likely their marriage will be to succeed.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Dear Annie, This is How Indiana’s Gay Marriage Ban Will Affect Me | peterisms - January 25, 2014

[…] Please watch my follow-up video here and share it if you like it! Thanks! […]

2. A 7 Year Old Supports Gay Marriage in Indiana; Our Gift Today | peterisms - January 25, 2014

[…] Check out the follow up post about further thoughts on gay marriage and please share! Thanks folks! […]