A 7 Year Old Supports Gay Marriage in Indiana; Our Gift Today

23 Jan

0181

As many of you know by now, yesterday I wrote a piece called Dear Annie, This is How Indian’s Gay Marriage Ban Will Affect Me.  I woke up, expected to receive 30-40 views.  The last time we looked, it had passed the 200,000 mark and was growing minute by minute.  We are extremely touched and honored that my little piece about our small lives affected so many people.  We have received hundreds of emails, messages, phone calls and texts from people across the country in support of our marriage.  We are trying to respond to each message so each person knows how much you warmed our hearts.  One message specifically affected us on a deeper level.

Alex and I are going to make a video about all of the ways we’re affected by the ban on gay marriage, things one might not even think about, but I wanted to share personally, to thank the mother of this amazing child, the message she sent me.  She is an excellent example of a mother in today’s times and I feel honored that she shared her story with us.  Please watch the video! Thanks again for all of your amazing support! It has been surreal!

Check out the follow up post about further thoughts on gay marriage and please share! Thanks folks!

Shalom,

Peter

Please Follow Me and email me at peter@raannt.com

peterisms fbpeterisms twitterpeterisms youtubepeterisms tumblrpeterisms instagrampeterisms linkedin

Advertisements

6 Responses to “A 7 Year Old Supports Gay Marriage in Indiana; Our Gift Today”

1. lisamthomas8 January 23, 2014 at 8:13 pm #

Thank you, again for sharing your story. I’ve seen it floating around facebook and it warms my heart. I have a 9 year old daughter, and came out 7 years ago. She does not understand why there is an issue with people marrying who they love. If only adults had the same pureness as children, the world would be a better place. Keep doing what you are Peter. You are an inspiration to so many voiceless. Thank you on behalf of them.

2. naliknox January 23, 2014 at 8:21 pm #

This is a powerful picture in so many ways. It gives me ideas I want to use when my husband and I renew of vows in Hawaii. We were fortunate to be one of some 1300 plus same sex couples married in Utah between December 20, 1013 and January 6, 2014.

3. Anonymous January 23, 2014 at 9:44 pm #

Peter, Thanks for showing Indiana a “face and life” of the gay and lesbian community. My wife and I were married in Iowa in 2013 after 19 years of sharing our life together. My Dad asked why we didn’t wait to get married in Indiana. My response was, “they will allow alcohol sales on Sundays before they ever let gays and lesbians get married here!”. My wife and I are ready to join the fight for equality in Indiana count us in. Peace. -SJ

• pamonn January 23, 2014 at 10:47 pm #

Thank you so much! That warms my heart.

4. unsureandpessimistic January 25, 2014 at 2:05 pm #

Hey, I’m loving this blog, so much so i’ve nominated you for the Liebster Award.

5. Anonymous February 27, 2014 at 7:15 pm #

read the bible, homsexuals will not go to heaven!!