Obsessed with #100HAPPYDAYS

20 Jan

#100happydays_raannt

If you don’t know by now, I”m a freak about anything to do with social media! I’m absolutely obsessed with Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Vine and YouTube, as well as following and reading other people’s blogs! This past week, I’ve seen tons and tons of posts about this new social media hashtag(#) called #100happydays.Β  When I went to the website, I became so instantly obsessed with the concept, as simple as it is, that we even placed it on our list of Sexiest Items of the Day on my website!

I won’t go into tons of explanation about this new concept, but in simple terms, you make a commitment to post a picture every day for 100 days of something that makes you happy, thus building a foundation for happiness.Β  You can share this on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, whatever, but you have to be consistent.

Check out the website and let me know what you think! I’ve already started the challenge and am already on Day 5! If you join along in the challenge, let me know in the comments below and I’ll make sure to follow you!

For now,

Peter

Advertisements

14 Responses to “Obsessed with #100HAPPYDAYS”

1. stvrsnbrgr January 20, 2014 at 3:17 am #

I’m loving this too. (Day 013 here.) Not sure if it’s all that important, but the “official” hashtag is #100happydays. (Though I must admit I like yours better: #100daysofhappy. It’s a little more on the mark. The idea isn’t so much that all day every day is happy, but to zero in one one thing (big, little or just right) that made you happy / smile / gave you joy that day. For me, as I am usually making this my last post of the day, it is a nice reminder of what that happy moment was. And a good way to train yourself to be more aware of the nice little things in your life. (The not-so-nice stuff isn’t shy; it knocks down your door and turns over your tables.) I’ve got 87 days left, and one of them is going to have to be peterisms makes me happy. πŸ™‚

• pamonn January 20, 2014 at 4:26 am #

I’m so “happy” you noticed the mistake. I went back and corrected it!!!! I’m loving it too!

2. stvrsnbrgr January 20, 2014 at 3:18 am #

(I hate it when I don’t close the parentheses.

3. DysthymiaBree January 20, 2014 at 5:01 am #

Awesome! I love the concept. I’m not a great photographer myself, but I will enjoy looking at the happy-pictures others post πŸ™‚ Thanks for letting me know about this.

• pamonn January 20, 2014 at 4:18 pm #

Thanks! Enjoy the pics!

4. Halim January 20, 2014 at 10:56 am #

What a great idea! At first I thought it was just making sure I’m happy for 100 consecutive days, and I thought wow how am I going to make sure of that. Maybe think happy thoughts the minute I wake up haha… then when I read further I realize it’s by posting pictures to remind me of the things that make me happy, maybe things I haven’t thought of for some time. Sounds fun. I’ll try. I don’t know how long I’ll last, but I’ll give it a shot.

Thanks for introducing this to me, Peter!

• pamonn January 20, 2014 at 4:18 pm #

No problem! Enjoy it. It only takes a few moments to find happiness every day!

5. shirtlessiniceland January 20, 2014 at 2:29 pm #

No … hours maybe? Hmm.

6. shirtlessiniceland January 20, 2014 at 2:31 pm #

I have the same obsessive tendency regarding parentheses (in response to stvrsnbrgr

7. intothebeauty January 21, 2014 at 12:07 pm #

Ahh this is a great challenge! I’m totally starting tomorrow. Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

8. intothebeauty January 21, 2014 at 12:08 pm #

Reblogged this on Time is of the Essence and commented:
    Since I keep popping in and out of existence with such a busy schedule, I’ve decided I’m going to start #100happydays. This is COMPLETELY in my zone of living and I can’t wait to get started! See you guys tomorrow!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. 100 Happy Days | simple & gayforward - January 23, 2014

[…] first read about it on peterisms, a blog by Peter Monn I […]

2. What makes me happy | simple & gayforward - May 3, 2014

[…] The post by Peter of the blog Peterisms, which introduced me to the challenge. […]