Homosexuality Is a Sin??? Hmmmm…

13 Dec

kiss

Just moments ago, I was scrolling through all of the blog posts on WordPress tagged “gay“, when I came across one titled “Homosexuality is a Sin“.  Normally, I wouldn’t read these kinds of posts because quite frankly, I don’t really care what other people think about my spiritual condition in relation to my being gay.  I believe my relationship with my higher power is personal and private and no one else’s business, but after reading the lead-in, I was interested because the seemed to be a Bible thumping Christian who had changed their opinion about homosexuality.  I was wrong.

Her blog post was the exact same religious bullshit that anyone homosexual has had to deal with for years; bible versus to disguise their confusion and fear, when its really none of their business.  And my reaction was the same as it has been for years…yawns covering boredom covering disgust.

So here’s my question to all you so called Christians out there who have such issues with us homosexuals.  Why don’t you ever approach us with love, understanding and compassion that Jesus taught?  Instead, you tell us we are sinners and we are wrong and need to change our ways.  In her post, after citing 11 different areas in the Bible(only 11???) where it adamantly states that homosexuality is wrong, she states “We should show everyone we come in contact with the same dignity.  We don’t injure them, hate them or judge them.  We inform them, through our own actions that freedom and forgiveness are both found in Jesus.  We set the example.  The example that God would have us set.”

Oh Sweet Christ!

How are you showing someone dignity when you’re throwing Bible versus in their face? Do you not feel like you might be injuring someone to tell them they are a sinner instead of telling them they are loved? Haven’t you just judged us by writing an article in which you point out how many different times it states in the Bible that homosexuality is a sin?  How could you possibly be so skewed in your thinking that you don’t realize that what you are doing is completely not setting the example of love and compassion?

Throughout the years, I’ve had a few friends who have invited me to their church and told me that their churches are extremely accepting of gays and lesbians and that many out gays and lesbians attend their church.  I don’t attend church, because that’s not where I find my spiritual foundation, but if I ever chose to attend a church, I would seek out these friends who have come to me with the kindness and compassion of Christ, not some woman who throws Bible versus in my face.  That would only make me want to run the other direction from the church.  So what exactly is your purpose for writing an article about homosexuality as a sin?  We already know how you feel anyway.

So go back to shoving your own personal business under the carpet and kindly…fuck off!

For now,

Peter

Advertisements

8 Responses to “Homosexuality Is a Sin??? Hmmmm…”

1. Shell Flower December 13, 2013 at 8:09 pm #

In my opinion, you can make a Bible verse mean just about anything if you twist it right. I like to interpret “gods” as aliens and it really makes it interesting. A lot of those quotes mean something totally different when you look at it that way, too. Don’t fuck aliens, man. God loves gays, just not interplanetary mingling. I swear! ❤ ❤ ❤

2. edhawkins December 13, 2013 at 8:55 pm #

Well thought and well written. You wrote, “How could you possibly be so skewed in your thinking that you don’t realize that what you are doing is completely not setting the example of love and compassion?” I so completely agree, having been there often enough myself as an old gay man. I’ve come to expect nothing. . . no affirmation, no compassion, no understanding. . . and I am rarely disappointed. Jesus preached love and acceptance. The new Pope seems to get it. I hope his understanding spreads. Take care. I enjoy (most of) your posts!

3. Clare Flourish December 14, 2013 at 7:54 am #

The percentage LGBT at my church is three times greater than the general population.

It is mere obsessive homophobia. They see a gay person on the TV and obsess about it. They see a gay person in a drama, or coming out, or just an out person on the TV and they think their world has ended- because they are obsessive homophobes. Don’t worry about it.

I don’t think you will get through to them. I hope other Christians will, as role models.

4. Susan December 14, 2013 at 12:57 pm #

My feelings are-thou shall not judge…period. Anything else is hypocritical.

5. spice69man January 12, 2014 at 6:25 pm #

Good article. I agree! If these people are so offended by us, they should be in church praying for us… not bitching about us on a blog or holding a sign at a gay pride parade.

6. Billy January 23, 2014 at 3:30 am #

I am a Christian, but not like most. You are no more of a sinner than me or anyone else. I don’t enjoy the company of a lot of other Christians because of the twisted view they have on the Bible. They forget about the sin they’re in and only focus on what everyone else is doing. How can I say anything to you about what you’re doing when I lie, cheat, steal, covet, etc. You are human and if for nothing else I love you for that.

I’m not saying anything you don’t already know. I just want you to know that there are a few of us out there that are Christian and are on your side.

• pamonn January 23, 2014 at 6:56 am #

I appreciate you supporting us!

• John S. Guthrie April 13, 2014 at 6:51 am #

You can ignore the hypocrites. They use a verse from Leviticus to justify their hatred, but totally ignore other verses in the same book about eating pork products, ( pork, ham, bacon) and shellfish, (shrimp, clams, crab, oysters). They also ignore verses about adultery, including the ten commandments. There is also verses about stoning your kids to death if they misbehave. Can you imagine Dumbya stoning the twins when they are drinking and drugging? The fact that they hate me doesn’t matter at all. My true friends and my church care for me and that’s all that matters. But the one thing I can’t stand is the hypocrisy.