Before I start this post, let me state 2 clear facts!
1. This post, and game suggested, is completely meant in jest. I do not drink, so if you are one of my many alcoholic friends, please laugh with me. And if you are one of my friends who is able to drink successfully, have at it!
2. This post is dedicated to my cousin Caroline who deserves to get very drunk!
Now…on with the show!
Have you ever seen the movie Home for the Holidays? It is a hilarious movie about a dysfunctional family on Thanksgiving. Sound familiar? If you haven’t seen it, check out the trailer below:
Are you ready for the game? Only for those 21 and older!
The Rules for The Perfect “Home for the Holidays” Thanksgiving Drinking Game!
1. Buy booze. Anything will do as long as the alcohol content level is high enough to get you juiced.
2. Have Family Thanksgiving! Although not a must, this game is much better if played with your family. It is sure to induce family arguments based on long held resentments and make for quite a feisty day. If you’re alone and have opted out of spending this amazing day with your family, don’t fret, you can still play!
3. Find your copy of Home for the Holidays! If you don’t own this amazing film, which I highly suggest, you can watch it here!
4. Pick the character who is most like you. In our family, my cousin Caroline is Holly Hunter and I, obviously, am Robert Downey Jr. Trust me, it will only take you a few minutes to find your character.
5. Everytime one of the other characters say something offensive, argumentative or angry to your character, drink. It’s simple! (In essence you’re living out that long loved fantasy when your family member mouths off to you of thinking, “God, I just need a drink!” Now you can!)
6. First one passed out on the floor wins!
This is an easy game that everyone can play. If this is a game you play on a daily basis, please contact me to help you find the nearest treatment center in your area!
***I am an alcoholic in recovery and do not drink and do not support the over-indulgence of alcohol. My cousin Caroline and I have loved Home for the Holidays for years, due to almost exact nature of our family! Every year, she busts her butt cooking for us, cleaning for us and making sure the rest of the family has a great time! This is for her! I love you Caroline!
Hope you have an amazing Thanksgiving! And remember to be grateful for the family you have while they’re still here. Even if you have to laugh at them to get through the holidays!